In This Issue:
- Look Before You Click “Agree”: The Importance of Negotiating Your Company’s Software License Agreements
- Fraud in Virginia
- Common Myths about Copyright and the Internet
- Excerpt from...more
Myth: If it’s on the Internet, it’s in the public domain.
“Public domain” refers to works which are NOT protected by copyright law. There are only three ways in which something can be considered...more
By now, you’ve no doubt heard the news that yesterday (June 18, 2014), the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB), an administrative body of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) cancelled the Washington NFL team’s...more
What’s the biggest mistake startup entrepreneurs make with respect to their intellectual property, and what can they do to fix it? That’s the question we recently put to IP attorneys writing on JD Supra, knowing that the...more
In This Issue:
- Minority Shareholder Rights in Virginia
- Revisions to Federal Non-Party Subpoena Power (Rule 45): Streamlining and Simplifying Outdated Procedures, Effective December 1, 2013
Recently, I was asked, “What are the most common mistakes that small businesses make?” There are several, but the first two that came to mind within the intellectual property arena are:
(1) failing to make sure they...more
In your experience working with startup entrepreneurs, what's the one mistake they make time and again?
The answer to that question of course varies greatly, depending on whom you ask - and, for legal perspective, we...more