DLA Piper has published an updated summary of the way in which the law relating to cookies has been implemented across the EU.
This guide is particularly relevant as a cookies sweep day is planned to take place in the...more
The CNIL’s decision provides useful guidance on security measures that the CNIL considers must be taken by data controllers.
Earlier this year, Orange discovered that the database of one of its sub-subcontractors had...more
The French Data Protection Authority (the CNIL) has announced its 2014 inspection targets, with the goal of reaching 550 inspections for the year. Last year, the CNIL carried out 414 inspections.
Capitalizing on a...more
The year 2014 is being hailed as the year of wearable technologies. Wearables captured significant attention at January’s International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, and hundreds of new products are expected to be...more
In This Issue:
- PRIVACY BY DESIGN? FASHION FLAIR TRANSFORMS WEARABLE TECHNOLOGIES: The rise of the wearables – and the data protection challenges they bring
- EFFECTIVELY DELIVERING IT SERVICES IN THE RETAIL...more
In a decision published on February 11, 2014, the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL) has for the first time adopted truly sweeping changes to its Single Authorization No. 004 on Whistleblowing....more
In This Issue:
- Who are you wearing? Protecting the power of your name
- Cosmetics – preserving their reputation: Concerns over chemical preservatives
- Australian dollar heads south: Will parallel...more
The handbook offers a quick overview of those aspects of data protection law that have the most practical significance to businesses, including:
- International data transfer restrictions