Key Takeaways -
- The US Supreme Court created a uniform test for standing for false advertising claims under Section 43(a) of the Lanham Act, resolving a three-way circuit split.
- The new standing test...more
Beware: Even if your company substantially complies with the Privacy Principles of the US-EU Safe Harbor, failure to annually re-certify can land you in hot water.
Twelve US businesses—ranging from sports teams, to...more
In this issue:
- New Rules on Use of Child Models
- Impact of TTAB Rulings on Court Decisions
- Sports Teams’ Logos and Marks May Be Different
- It’s Ten O’Clock—Do You Know Where Your Company’s...more
In last month’s Technology Advisory, I described recent actions of the California Attorney General designed to improve privacy protections for users of mobile applications. This included an agreement the California Attorney...more
California has long been a leader in privacy legislation. That position was strengthened recently when the California Attorney General filed a first-of-its-kind lawsuit against a company for its failure to include a privacy...more