The Second Appellate District of California held on May 1 in Mt. Hawley Ins. Co. v. Lopez that California Insurance Code section 533.5(b) does not eliminate a liability insurer’s duty to defend against a federal prosecution...more
- Criminal Defense Criminal Prosecution Liability Insurance
The United States Supreme Court ruled today that absent an express provision to the contrary, the amount an ERISA plan can recover from a plan participant’s lawsuit against a third-party tortfeasor must be reduced...more
- Attorney's Fees ERISA McCutchen v. U.S. Airways SCOTUS Third-Party U.S. Airways
The United States Supreme Court recently denied certiorari in a Fifth Circuit case, United Healthcare Insurance Co. v. Access Mediquip LLC, that allowed a health care provider to pursue state law misrepresentation claims...more
- Access Mediquip LLC Beneficiaries Employer Group Health Plans ERISA Health Insurance Medical Devices Misrepresentation Preemption SCOTUS United Healthcare Insurance Co.
United States District Judge Howard Matz of the Central District of California indicated yesterday that he would preliminarily approve a proposed $73 million settlement of a class action lawsuit against Conseco Life Insurance...more
- Class Action Conesco Life Insurance Company Insurance Rates Life Insurance Settlement
The recent case of Greb v. Diamond International Corp. highlights the need for dissolved corporations and their insurers to consider the survival statute of their state of incorporation when defending against actions brought...more
- Dissolution Foreign Jurisdictions Greb v Diamond International Corp Statute of Limitations Survival Statute
JD Supra gets your content noticed, increases your visibility and makes your marketing efforts hassle free...
Learn More or Schedule a demo