October 29, 2007 started bad for Cortez Fisher.
He walked out of his house and the Baltimore police approached him (he lived in Baltimore). They asked to talk to him. He said no. He tried to drive away, but backed into...more
- Affidavits Fraud Law Enforcement Pleas Police Search Warrant
Someone told the police that Chunon Bailey sold drugs. Worse, he sold drugs and had a gun at his house at 103 Lake Drive in Wyandanch, New York.
That someone was a confidential informant.
The police took that tip...more
- Detention Evidence Suppression Fourth Amendment Search & Seizure Search Warrant
Three odd cases were decided last week in the federal circuits....more
- False Statements Fourth Amendment Fraud Illegal Drugs Loans Police Misconduct Resentencing Reversal Search Warrant
It seems that Rolando Ramos was a marijuana dealer. I say that because the police had him on a wire doing drug deals, found marijuana in his house when they executed a search warrant, and because he pled guilty to being...more
- Conspiracies Drug Distribution Evidence Marijuana Police Search Warrant
There's little judicial attention paid to folks who have their stuff taken by the police executing a search warrant - and who want it back later.
Thankfully, just in time for Christmas, the Eighth Circuit breaks out with...more
- Appeals Deprivation of Property Fair Market Value Rule 41 Search & Seizure Search Warrant
JD Supra gets your content noticed, increases your visibility and makes your marketing efforts hassle free...
Learn More or Schedule a demo