In this position you will report to, and work closely with, JD Supra's Lead Engineer and will collaborate with other team members to develop website products. You must have a solid background in developing complex web applications.
Your primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Programming web applications/website functional components
- Maintaining and troubleshooting existing web applications and site functionality
- Identifying, researching, evaluating and recommending new web development technologies
- Interfacing with front end designers and developers
- Developing project documentation
- Providing support to internal clients as well as to end users
This position is ideal for the individual who:
- Thrives and delivers in a multi-project startup environment with cross-functional staff
- Takes the initiative, enjoys technical challenges, and is a problem solver
- Is detailoriented and dedicated to developing quality products
- Enjoys enhancing their existing skills and learning new ones
- Is a selfstarter
Qualifications & Skills Requirements:
- Thorough knowledge of .NET Programming (VB – Framework 2.x and up)
- Prior experience troubleshooting .NET web applications and dynamic web pages, written in VB
- Understanding of crossbrowser issues and Web Standards
- Experience building easy to understand user interfaces for applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing formal specifications and related documents
- Experience designing search engine friendly websites
- Knowledgeable in developing efficient web pages – with a strong understanding of development tradeoffs between speed, design, flexibility, and the underlying architecture of the application as a whole
- Detailed knowledge of and experiencing using MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008
- SQL Server stored procedures (TSQL)
- Experience with SEO
- Experience developing for the following:
- Experience with IIS administration
- Experience developing Ecommerce applications
- Experience with dynamic creation/manipulation of PDF Documents
- Online document management system development
- SalesForce integration experience
- Experience with social media marketing applications
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years professional web development experience
- Submit detailed Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit three URLs demonstrating Web development with a brief explanation of your role and specific contribution.
No telephone calls, please.
JD Supra enables lawyers, firms, and legal professionals to publish, distribute, and promote their written work online.
For everyone, JD Supra is a growing repository of high-value legal information, articles, and business commentary. For lawyers & legal professionals, JD Supra is robust content marketing: a way to showcase expertise and market services by placing written work in front of the right audience. Upload filings, decisions, articles, newsletters, client alerts, blog posts, and other docs; build a professional profile that connects you to the work. Give Content. Get Noticed.
One of JD Supra's most recent offerings is the Legal Updates application on LinkedIn, which allows lawyers to feature their own work on LinkedIn, and all professionals to receive and read legal information automatically matched to their industry or profession.