We're looking for a seasoned PHP developer to help develop and manage a growing suite of social media applications on the largest social networks including LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Additionally, you'll help with our back office tool development and lots of other great projects! Light server administration will be required. You'll work with our Lead Engineer to execute on multiple projects in a fast paced startup environment. If you meet these criteria and are a self-starter who likes to solve unique and interesting problems, we want to hear from you.
Your primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Programming web applications/website functional components
- Maintaining and troubleshooting existing web applications and site functionality
- Identifying, researching, evaluating and recommending new web development technologies
- Interfacing with front end designers and developers
- Developing project documentation
- Providing support to internal clients as well as to end users
This position is ideal for the individual who:
- Thrives and delivers in a multi-project startup environment with cross-functional staff
- Takes the initiative, enjoys technical challenges, and is a problem solver
- Is detail oriented and dedicated to developing quality products
- Enjoys enhancing their existing skills and learning new ones
- Is a self-starter
Qualifications & Skills Requirements:
- Object Oriented PHP (CodeIgniter a plus - not required)
- Databases Design (MySQL, MS SQL Server and T-SQL)
- OpenSocial Development
- LAMP stack server administration
- Working with API's (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and OAuth)
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3)
- Understanding of cross-browser issues and Web Standards
- Experience building easy to understand user interfaces for applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing formal specifications and related documents
- Experience designing search engine friendly websites
- Knowledgeable in developing efficient web pages – with a strong understanding of development tradeoffs between speed, design, flexibility, and the underlying architecture of the application as a whole
- Experience developing for iOS or Visual Basic .NET
- Amazon Web Services (EBS, Route 53, ELB, SQS)
- Messaging and Work Queues
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years professional web development experience
- Submit detailed Resume to email@example.com.
- Submit three URLs demonstrating Web development with a brief explanation of your role and specific contribution.
No telephone calls, please.
JD Supra enables lawyers, firms, and legal professionals to publish, distribute, and promote their written work online.
For everyone, JD Supra is a growing repository of high-value legal information, articles, and business commentary. For lawyers & legal professionals, JD Supra is robust content marketing: a way to showcase expertise and market services by placing written work in front of the right audience. Upload filings, decisions, articles, newsletters, client alerts, blog posts, and other docs; build a professional profile that connects you to the work. Give Content. Get Noticed.
One of JD Supra's most recent offerings is the Legal Updates application on LinkedIn, which allows lawyers to feature their own work on LinkedIn, and all professionals to receive and read legal information automatically matched to their industry or profession.