BigLaw Recruiter: We Didn't Kill Dewey & LeBoeuf
What are the steps of an appeal?
Polsinelli Podcasts: Out-of-Court Alternatives to Bankruptcy
Polsinelli Podcasts - Supreme Court Closes Gap on Bankruptcy Issue
A Conversation with John Houghton on Asia Restructurings
Bennett Jones Spring 2014 Economic Outlook
Select Bankruptcy Issues for General Counsel – Part One
Not Dead Yet? How BigLaw's Best Firms Are Finding Growth
Update on Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code and Delaware Bankruptcy Court’s Decision in the Fisker Automotive Holdings Inc. Bankruptcy Case
Polsinelli Podcast - Claims Trading: Opportunity or Hazard?
If I wasn't happy with my lawyer, can I appeal and show evidence I wanted to present?
Zimmermann: Dewey Charges Send 'Warning' To Struggling Law Firms
What do creditors need to know about litigation in state court and bankruptcy court?
Can I collect my judgment if the other side is appealing?
Bill on Bankruptcy: Big Time Lawyers Pricing Themselves Out
Bill on Bankruptcy: Detroit Falls Short on Good-Faith Test
What is an appeal and how do I know if I should appeal?
Bill on Bankruptcy: Delaware Garners Almost All Big Chapter 11s
Bill on Bankruptcy: Madoff Victims Rooting for Stanford Victory
Bill on Bankruptcy: Listening in the Dark at the NCBJ
On February 17, 2015, Saladworks, LLC filed a chapter 11 bankruptcy case in Delaware. The case has been docketed as case no. 15-10327 and has been assigned to The Honorable Laurie Selber Silverstein....more
In A&F Enterprises v. IHOP Franchising LLC, 742 F.3d 764 (Seventh Cir. 2014), Chapter 11 debtors appealed a determination that their building leases were deemed rejected because they were not timely assumed. Both the...more
On Monday, May 29, 2014, the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York approved Sbarro LLC’s plan of reorganization, paving the way for the pizza restaurant chain to exit bankruptcy. Sbarro filed...more
In This Issue:
- Appellate Court Vacates Order Denying Franchisor’s Motion For Preliminary Injunction; District Court Then Grants Summary Judgment To Franchisor And Enters Final Injunction:
In H&R Block Tax...more
In this issue:
- Delivered by Independent Contractors, Undelivered by P.L. 86-272: Order Fulfillment Activities Subject Out-of-State Seller to New York Corporation Franchise Tax
- Everything’s Bigger in Texas,...more
In This Issue:
- Franchisor 101: Are Covenants Not-To-Compete Dischargeable In Bankruptcy?
- Franchisee 101: Aloha-Distributorships Are Not Franchises
- Mark Melton Has Become Of Counsel To The Firm...more
In This Issue:
- Mark Melton Has Become Of Counsel To The Firm
- Franchisor 101: Personal Liability In New York For A Franchisor's Owners
- Franchisee 101: Beer & Wine Franchisees Enjoy Protection From...more
The Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 (BAPCPA) substantially revised 11 U.S.C. 365 to significantly limit a debtor's time to assume or reject nonresidential real estate leases. Prior to BAPCPA,...more
Find a Bankruptcy Author »
Back to Top