How the Rise in Undercover Investigations is Changing the Law
A Moment of Simple Justice - A Prosecutor's Duty
Class Actions News - Deborah Renner on Dart Cherokee Basin v. Owens
SullCrom Sees Litigation Boom Despite Waning Credit Crisis
Your Deposition: What to Expect
Proposed FRCP Changes: Effect on eDiscovery, RIM & IG (CLE)
A Moment of Simple Justice - Stop Talking
The Burden of Proof -- What must plaintiffs prove to win their case?
How This Investment Firm Hopes to Revolutionize Litigation in America
Karl Rove's Efforts to "Buy" Courts Harmed America, Says Legendary Attorney
Winston & Strawn's Kessler Sees Change and Opportunity in College Athletics
Decision Time: Patton Boggs Partners Mull Merger With Squire Sanders
Polsinelli Podcasts - Jury or Bench Trial? A Business Litigation Survival Guide
Polsinelli Podcast - Business Litigation Survival Guide
A More Perfect Union: Why Punish Russia for Crimea?
FCPA Compliance and Ethics Report-Episode 45, Interview with Justice Ken Wise
End Game in the Fight Over Same Sex Marriage?
Bill on Bankruptcy: Delaware Garners Almost All Big Chapter 11s
Bill on Bankruptcy: Listening in the Dark at the NCBJ
International Patent Laws – Interview with Julian Crump, Managing Member, Mintz Levin's London, UK Office
- TAX COURT DECISION REMINDS COMPANIES THAT “OFFICERS” ARE STATUTORY EMPLOYEES AND THEREFORE CANNOT BE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS. The United States Tax Court held that a company that was engaged in the buying, reconditioning,...more
The Oregon Supreme Court today released its long-awaited decision in Comcast Corporation v. Department of Revenue, 356 Or 282, (Oct 2, 2014) (argued January 8, 2013). ...more
In This Issue:
- Department Releases New Nonresident Audit Guidelines to Address Gaied
- Nuclear Power Plant That Produces Steam and Water to Generate Electricity Is Not Eligible for Investment Tax...more
Summer 2014. The living is easy; the Copyright Board is certifying tariffs at a furious pace.
As we noted back in May 2014 (Towards Certainty on Webcasting – Re:Sound Tariff 8 Certified), the Board certified Re:Sound...more
Skadden recently conducted a study on behalf of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Institute for Legal Reform regarding acceptance rates for Rule 23(f) petitions appealing class certification rulings in federal courts. The study...more
FTC Settles With ADT Over Deceptive Endorsements -
Don’t believe everything you see on TV or read on the Internet – at least not from ADT Security Systems.
According to an administrative complaint filed by the...more
In this issue:
- No Expressions of Goodwill from Arizona Department of Revenue
- California Court of Appeal: ITFA Doesn’t Make the CUT
- Round We Go: Indiana Denies Taxpayer’s Intercompany “Residual...more
In this issue:
- Arizona: Software Licenses Determined to Be Personal Property Rentals
- Rent-a-Cloud: Arizona’s Transaction Privilege Tax Applies to Receipts from the Temporary Use of Online Software
In this issue: Manatt Senior Partner Honored as a Hollywood Power Lawyer; Senate Committee Discusses Online Privacy, Do Not Track; Nivea Settles with FTC Over Skin Cream Claims; California Enacts Online Sales Tax; U.S....more
Find a Civil Procedure Author »
Back to Top