Read Criminal Law updates, alerts, news, and legal analysis from leading lawyers and law firms:
How to Avoid Corruption Risks in China
Hailey French’s Story – When millions barely cover the bills.
Building A Post-Recession Law Firm
Fine Tuning Your Anti Corruption Compliance Program
Corporate Compliance Policies – Interview with Bridget Rohde, Member, Mintz Levin
What to Do When the Government Comes Calling – Interview with Peter Chavkin, Member, Mintz Levin
Corporate Criminal Liability – Interview with Bridget Rohde, Member, Mintz Levin
Bill on Bankruptcy: Unprecedented Actions by Two District Judges
Bill on Bankruptcy: Sandbagging of a Federal District Judge
For Jeff Skilling, 'Enron Was His Life,' Lawyer Says
Bill on Bankruptcy: Versace Mansion Up for Sale, Casey Anthony
Spitzer "Disappointed" in Wall Street's Regulators
Is Edward Snowden a Whistleblower?
Are Political Intelligence Practice Groups Too Risky?
Bill on Bankruptcy: ResCap Report, a Bargain at $83 Million
Weekly Brief: $350K in Wine Leads to $14M Lawsuit
Weekly Brief: New Round of Layoffs Hit Law Firms
SEC News - Five Year Enforcement Limitation, FCPA Charges for Foreign Nationals, More...
How to Protect Your Company From Hackers
Marijuana in the Workplace
In this issue:
- Swiss Bank Settlement Dilemma
- District Court Upholds STARS Transaction Ruling Payment Is Included in Pre-Tax Profit
- Court of Federal Claims Holds for Government in BB&T STARS...more
Si riporta di seguito una breve rassegna dei provvedimenti maggiormente significativi in materia di responsabilità amministrativa degli enti ex D.Lsg. 231/2001.
ENTI STRANIERI -
TRIBUNALE DI MILANO – Sent. n....more
- Recent Newsworthy Remarks by the SEC
- SEC Issues “Alert” on the Custody Rule
- Securities Exchange Act Issues for Exchange-Traded Funds
- Mutual Funds’ After-Tax Returns...more
In This Issue:
- Death and Taxes? Recent Supreme Court Arguments in Gabelli v. SEC Concerning a General Statute of Limitations for Civil Fines May Also Affect How Long the IRS Has to Assess Penalties
In This Issue:
- SEC Issues Cease and Desist Order Against Goldman Sachs for Pay-to-Play Violations page 1 - 3
- A Change in Tack: The Government Turns its Attention Away from Pharmaceutical Companies and Toward...more
October 26, 2012 - The Federal Crimes Watch Daily
The Federal Crimes Watch Daily is a daily newspaper that discusses current federal criminal issues written by a federal criminal defense attorney.
The recent announcement that the IRS granted a $104 million whistleblower award to convicted former UBS banker Bradley Birkenfeld generated front-page news coverage. Birkenfeld, the U.S.-bred former private banker who...more
Nevada Secretary of State Announces Task Force
Last month, Nevada Secretary of State Ross Miller announced the formation of a task force to investigate registered Nevada business entities that are suspected of being...more
During the past few weeks, the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (“FinCEN”) and the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) released three notices affecting the filing of Form TD F 90-22.1 “Report of Foreign Bank and Financial...more
On June 16, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) issued Notice 2011-54, which provides that U.S. persons having signature authority over, but no financial interest in, foreign financial accounts in 2009 or earlier calendar...more
A few selected groups of individuals have been allowed a 12-month extension to submit their Report on Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR) by the IRS and the Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network...more