FCPA Compliance and Ethics Report-Episode 18-Walmart-Be a Leader in Compliance
FCPA Compliance and Ethics Report-Episode 15-GSK in China: a Game Changer in Compliance
Partnership and Similar Agreements - Douglas W. Lubic, Esq.
Before committing to a franchise business, consider...
Lessons Learned from the BizJet Executives FCPA Enforcement Actions
Craft Beer Boom in Michigan
Record-setting Dodgers Sale Sets High Price For Mets Franchise
Agin v. Dookhan (In re Hultin), 516 B.R. 190 (Bankr. D. Mass. 2014) –
A chapter 7 trustee sought to avoid a transfer of the debtor’s real property using his “strong arm” powers based on an argument that the deed...more
In A&F Enterprises v. IHOP Franchising LLC, 742 F.3d 764 (Seventh Cir. 2014), Chapter 11 debtors appealed a determination that their building leases were deemed rejected because they were not timely assumed. Both the...more
On Monday, May 29, 2014, the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York approved Sbarro LLC’s plan of reorganization, paving the way for the pizza restaurant chain to exit bankruptcy. Sbarro filed...more
In This Issue:
- Appellate Court Vacates Order Denying Franchisor’s Motion For Preliminary Injunction; District Court Then Grants Summary Judgment To Franchisor And Enters Final Injunction:
In H&R Block Tax...more
In this issue:
- Delivered by Independent Contractors, Undelivered by P.L. 86-272: Order Fulfillment Activities Subject Out-of-State Seller to New York Corporation Franchise Tax
- Everything’s Bigger in Texas,...more
In This Issue:
- Franchisor 101: Are Covenants Not-To-Compete Dischargeable In Bankruptcy?
- Franchisee 101: Aloha-Distributorships Are Not Franchises
- Mark Melton Has Become Of Counsel To The Firm...more
In This Issue:
- Mark Melton Has Become Of Counsel To The Firm
- Franchisor 101: Personal Liability In New York For A Franchisor's Owners
- Franchisee 101: Beer & Wine Franchisees Enjoy Protection From...more
Team bankruptcies have never been more successful. Unsurprisingly, players and teams in the highflying, swing-for-the-fences world of sports often
follow great success with failure. However, while players are still filing...more
In This Issue:
- Franchisor 101: Franchise Friendly: Georgia?
- Franchisee 101: Franchisor Bankruptcy - Surviving the Unthinkable
- Contributing Expert - Mary Hanson, Esq.
March 29 (Bloomberg Law) -- Bloomberg Law's Lee Pacchia talks with Bloomberg News bankruptcy columnist and editor-at-large Bill Rochelle and Bloomberg Businessweek reporter Roben Farzad about the sale of the Los Angeles...more
One of the 300 outlets of the Little Gym International Inc. franchise that caters for children, the Little Gym of Rockland has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy this month. The gym provides gym, karate, and dance classes for...more
The Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 (BAPCPA) substantially revised 11 U.S.C. 365 to significantly limit a debtor's time to assume or reject nonresidential real estate leases. Prior to BAPCPA,...more
Judge Kevin Gross of the Delaware bankruptcy court entered an order last week setting the deadline (or bar date) for creditors of the Perkins & Marie Callender's restaurant companies (full list of corporate entity names...more
On Friday, Sbarro, Inc. and its affiliates filed their consolidated monthly operating report for May 2-29, 2011 with the bankruptcy court. The companies filed pre-arranged chapter 11 cases in the Southern District of New York...more
The United States Trustee for Region 12 filed a motion on Tuesday in which it asked the Minnesota bankruptcy court to either dismiss or convert to chapter 7 the bankruptcy cases of Duke and King Acquisition Corp. and four...more
Duke & King Acquisition Corp., which operated 92 (now 87) Burger King franchises in Minnesota, Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa and Kansas but filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in early December of last year,...more
PICKING AND CHOOSING FRANCHISES OUT OF BANKRUPTCY COURT AND DUE DILIGENCE KEY TO BUYING BANKRUPT FRANCHISES...more
HOW TO HELP FRANCHISE CLIENTS SURVIVE RECESSION....more
IN THIS NEWSLETTER:
*Jim Brown v. Electronic Arts: Can Hall of Fame Football Player Jim Brown Score a Touchdown Against EA for Scrambling His Image?
*A New Marketplace for Sports Franchises: Bankruptcy Court
Find a Franchise Author »
Back to Top