Read Wills, Trusts, & Estate Planning updates, articles, and legal commentary from leading lawyers and law firms:
The Greatest Gift: Your Individual + Family Estate Plan
The 2010 Tax Relief Act and your estate plan
Are your estate planning documents protecting your assets?
Same-Sex Marriage Cases in 90 Seconds
Should you Opt-Out of the Voluntary Disclosure Program?
Death and Foreign Asset Disclosure. What you don't know can cost you…a lot
Safeguard Your MVA: Devising a Business Succession Plan that will Preserve your Most Valuable Asset
Divorce can be costly, especially when it reveals undisclosed foreign assets.
Estate Planning: Wills, Trusts, & Power of Attorney in Arizona - Putting Family First
Foreign Asset Disclosure Program
In This Issue:
- Fiscal cliff deal brings some certainty to estate planning
- Strong governance enhances a family business’s value
- Should you donate life insurance to charity?
- Estate Planning Pitfall -...more
The Need for Planning
One of the greatest fears of older Americans is that they may end up in a nursing home. This not only means a great loss of personal autonomy, but also a tremendous financial price. Depending on...more
If you are like most people who are getting divorced, or who have just gone through divorce, you no longer want your ex-spouse to be the beneficiary of your estate or to put your child(ren)in a position to be disinherited if...more
IN THIS ISSUE:
- Use It or Lose It - Increased Gift and GST Exemption Amounts Expire on 12/31/12
- Take Advantage of Low Interest Rates and Valuation Discounts
- Creating a “GRAT”: Heads You Win, Tails...more
Doctors recommend periodic checkups. Cars need regular exams. Is there a similar “checkup” for legal matters? Yes, a “legal checkup,” which is often called “preventive law.” Getting a legal checkup can keep you in good legal...more