In this Reference Guide:
- Wage/Hour Legislation
- Prevailing Wage Legislation
- Anti-Retaliation Legislation
- Employee Leave Legislation
- Discrimination/Harassment Legislation
- New Legislation Affecting Employee/ Applicant Background
- New Legislation Affecting Workers’ Safety/OSHA
- Excerpt from Wage/Hour Legislation:
This legislation amends section 1182.12 of the Labor Code by increasing the minimum wage to not less than $9 an hour beginning July 1, 2014, and to not less than $10 an hour beginning January 1, 2016.
This legislation adds Part 4.5 (commencing with section 1450) to Division 2 of the Labor Code, to be known and cited to as the Domestic Worker Bill of Rights, and repeals current section 1454 of the Labor Code. The legislation regulates the hours of work of domestic work employees who work as personal attendants by providing an overtime compensation standard for those employees.
Please see full Reference Guide below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.