Are you in a rut? Are you just going through the motions of your business development? Are you not seeing results? Are you overwhelmed and going in too many directions? Maybe it’s time to take a closer look!
At the end of EVERY week reflect on your performance and results of the week. Here is a list of eight questions to ask yourself…
1. Was your client service so solid that your clients will give you more work?
2. How many referral sources did you reach out to this week?
3. Did you do something to develop a relationship this week?
4. What did you do to increase your credibility with clients, colleagues or potential clients? (Examples could include writing an article, giving a speech or even spending ten minutes on the phone answering questions for a client or a colleague.)
5. Did you feel “in control” this week… or did you feel that external events dictated how you spent your time and energy?
6. What did you enjoy doing this week?
7. What will you do differently next week?
8. What are you most proud of this week?
Write your answers down and look back on the progress you’ve made from week to week. Are there obstacles and issues that keep occurring? Find solutions. Are you feeling out of control more often then not? Look for the root cause of it and and see if you can find ways to alter the situation. It’s important to write down what you will do differently and to acknowledge what you are proud of… that is how change occurs!