This document aims to lay in the reader hands intellectual property administrative services requirements, procedures and time frame for registering all IP rights in Jordan as follows:
Trademarks Filing Requirements:
1. A power of attorney notarized and legalized up to the Jordanian Consulate.
2. Ten prints of the trademark for each application.
3. The name, nationality, address, status and occupation of the application.
4. A list of the goods/services and classes to be covered by the application.
5. A certified priority document, when priority is to be claimed.
Trademark filing process in Jordan:
Once the application is filed, it is examined to its conformity with the applicable laws and it is availability against prior applications or registrations which normally takes up to 45 days, after ward it will be forwarded to the official gazette or publication which might take place within 4 months form the filing date. If no opposition was filed by third partied with three months from the publication date, the application will mature into a registration and the certificate will be issued accordingly .The registration is valid for 10 years and is renewable for similar terms.
Kindly note the following points:
1. Multi class applications are not available under the Jordanian Trademark Law. Therefore, an application for each class should be filed separately.
2. Trademarks registration period are 10 years, starting from filing date.
Requirement fore recording a border measure;
1. A copy of the trademark registration certificate.
2. A specimen of the trademark intends to take measures for.