In this presentation:
- The similarities and differences between the CFPB UDAAP (Consumer Financial Protection Act), FTC UDAP (FTC Act), and the federal banking agencies UDAP legal authorities (FTC Act and Regulation AA).
- Advertising and marketing law basics, including general rules for print, TV, radio, online, email, telemarketing, and social media
- Case studies from notable CFPB enforcement actions and announcements
- Compliance tips, including use of third-party service providers
- Exam preparation and ways to navigate a CFPB investigation into advertising and marketing practices
Please see full presentation below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Advertising, CFPB, Compliance, Dodd-Frank, Enforcement Actions, FTC, Marketing, Supervision
Published In: Antitrust & Trade Regulation Updates, Communications & Media Updates, Consumer Protection Updates, Finance & Banking Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Venable LLP | Attorney Advertising