In this issue:
- Venable Welcomes Randy Miller
- FTC Survey Estimates Fraud Affected 25.6 Million Americans in 2011
- New Florida Law May Axe Charitable Promos, Cause Marketing Campaigns
- What to Do When the CFPB Comes Knocking
- Upcoming Events
- Excerpt from FTC Survey Estimates Fraud Affected 25.6 Million Americans in 2011:
Last week, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) released a statistical survey of fraud in the United States during 2011. The study estimated that 25.6 million adults, or approximately 10.8 percent of the adult population, fell victim to fraud during that period. The survey is important to legitimate marketers, as it highlights advertising channels and product categories that are most likely to receive heightened scrutiny from federal and state regulators.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.