In this issue:
- Register Now and Join Us at ERA D2C Convention
- Patent Troll’s Gift Card Suits Come Up Short
- Cooperation Drives Positive Developments in Bilateral Brand Protection
- FTC Sees Tips for all Mobile Marketers in Jamster Enforcement Action
- Upcoming Events
- Excerpt from: FTC Sees Tips for all Mobile Marketers in Jamster Enforcement Action
This week the FTC announced a settlement with Jesta Digital (Jamster). The FTC alleges the company served “scareware” mobile ads to consumers playing the free version of the popular game Angry Birds. When clicked, the ads, which claimed to have identified a virus on the consumer’s smartphone, captured a consumer’s phone number and placed recurring charges on that consumer’s mobile phone bill.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.