In this issue:
- Avoid Brand Fumbles When Marketing During Championships
- It Always Pays to Disclose Connections
- Caution is the Name of the Game When a Claim is a Brand Name
- Brands Can Fight Back Against Fake Review Sites
- Upcoming Events
- Excerpt from Brands Can Fight Back Against Fake Review Sites:
While infomercials and other television ads disclose that they are paid advertisements for a certain product, things can be much murkier online, writes Venable partner Gregory J. Sater in the January issue of Electronic Retailer magazine. When consumers conduct online searches for a product, they often encounter a series of sponsored or organic results for "product review" sites. Often, Sater writes, these "review" sites have a dirty little secret: they are paid ads for the product to which they give the higher rating.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.