In this issue:
- It's Time to Comply with CA Do Not Track Disclosure Law
- Overstock Deceptive Pricing Decision Hurts Retailers and Consumers
- FTC Sweep Targets Deceptive Consumer Lending Ads
- Chipotle Victory a Fiesta for Marketers
- Upcoming Events
- Excerpt from Chipotle Victory a Fiesta for Marketers:
The scourge of marketers these days is the California-based class action lawsuit, writes Venable partner Gregory J. Sater in the January edition of DRMA Voice. It seems, he writes, there is little marketers can say in an advertisement that does not generate a demand letter or lawsuit from a California class action law firm. However, Chipotle's defeat of class certification last month in a false advertising lawsuit before a U.S. District Court in Los Angeles provides good news for all types of marketers defending California class actions.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.