In this issue:
- FTC Studies Alcohol Marketing Practices, Prepares Recommendations
- FTC’s POM Decision Provides Food for Thought
- 10th Circuit Decision Clarifies No ECPA Liability for Behavioral Advertising Participant
- A "Natural" Class Action Ends Up on the Rocks
- Another CIPA Customer Service Call Class Action Is Disconnected?
- Upcoming Events
- Excerpt from "FTC Studies Alcohol Marketing Practices, Prepares Recommendations"
According to a January 22 Reuters story, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) plans to release recommendations for the alcoholic beverage industry’s online advertising practices sometime this summer. Since April 2012, the FTC has been studying data from 14 large beer, wine, and liquor marketers to understand how the industry currently promotes itself on the Internet and via social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.