In this issue:
- FTC says Agencies Responsible for Clients' Deceptive Ads
- Don't Let Product Claims Fly Solo with Other Products
- FTC Wants TV to Trim Deceptive Diet Ads
- Home is Not Where the Suit is
- Upcoming Events
- Excerpt from Home is Not Where the Suit is:
On January 14, 2014, the United States Supreme Court decided Daimler AG v. Bauman, which considered whether a corporation domiciled abroad can be subject to general personal jurisdiction in a U.S. court based on the activities of the foreign corporation's U.S. subsidiary. A defendant over which a court has general jurisdiction can be subject to suit in that court on any claim, even those claims that are unrelated to the defendant's activities in the forum state.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.