In this issue:
- FTC Finalizes EnergyGuide Label Changes
- Brand Protection: What You Don't Know Can Hurt You
- Staffing Announcements Set Tone at FTC
- FCC Rules May Disconnect Marketing to Mobile Phones
- What Corday Confirmation Means Going Forward
- Upcoming Events
- Excerpt from: What Corday Confirmation Means Going Forward:
A recent decision by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit held that President Obama’s recess appointments to the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) were unconstitutional. This decision indirectly called into question the appointment of Richard Cordray to head the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) because his nomination was made in the same fashion and at the same time as the NLRB recess appointments. In turn, concerns about the validity of Cordray’s nomination also called into question the structure and future of CFPB, as well as the validity of actions the Bureau took under Cordray’s leadership.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.