In this issue:
- ANA CEO Calls for Greater Industry Cooperation, Self-Regulation to Win Policy Battles
- Price Match Guarantees – Easy to Offer, Hard to Limit
- Some States Eye Advertisers to Generate Tax Revenues
- FTC Puts Muscle Behind Fitness Consent Decrees
- Upcoming Events
- Excerpt from "FTC Puts Muscle Behind Fitness Consent Decrees":
Over the past few years, a flurry of consent decrees have articulated the new level of substantiation that the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) requires marketers to produce, especially in support of products making wellness, weight-loss, or toning/slimming claims. By many accounts, the FTC has set the bar high -- even for companies selling legitimate products to largely satisfied consumers, writes Venable partner Gregory J. Sater in the March edition of Electronic Retailer magazine, and cases have run the gamut from ingestible supplements and exercise equipment to footwear and cosmetics.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.