In this issue:
- FTC vs. POM Wonderful: Scorched Earth Approach Burns Other Marketers
- “New” Claims: There are Rules for Reboots
- FTC Calls Stakeholders Together for Roundtable on Mobile Cramming
- FTC Letters Remind Companies COPPA Update is Coming July 1
- Upcoming Events
- Excerpt from: FTC vs. POM Wonderful: Scorched Earth Approach Burns Other Marketers:
Not many marketers have the fortitude or the financial wherewithal to go toe-to-toe with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to fight a charge of false advertising, writes Venable partner Gregory J. Sater in the May issue of Electronic Retailer magazine. However, he writes, that is not the case with POM Wonderful. Over the past two years, POM has battled the FTC over allegations of false advertising for its POM Wonderful pomegranate juice and POMx supplements.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.