In this issue:
- FTC Disconnects “Cardholder Services” Calls
- Weight-Loss Claims May Slim Marketers’ Wallets
- Fashion Litigation Yields Brand Protection Tips
- CFPB Sets Sights on the Credit Counseling Market
- Upcoming Events
- An excerpt from "Weight-Loss Claims May Slim Marketers’ Wallets"
Recent FTC consent orders have called for differing levels of substantiation to support weight-loss claims, write Venable partners Jeffrey D. Knowles and Gary D. Hailey in the November edition of the DRMA Voice. According to Knowles and Hailey, there is not a one-size fits-all answer for weight-loss claim substantiation and the consequences of not substantiating these types of claims sufficiently can be severe.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.