In this issue:
- Venable Opens Bay Area Office
- District of Columbia, 48 States Reach $30 Million Settlement with Buying Club Marketers
- The Government is Open. Now What?
- Sweepstakes and Promotions a Minefield for Marketers
- CFPB Keeps Pressure on Credit Card Marketing
- Upcoming Events
- Excerpt from: The Government is Open. Now What?
Early this morning, the federal government reopened. Now marketers and advertisers are looking for guidance on how the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will handle backlogged work, paused investigations, and everything else that ground to a halt over the past two weeks. Shutdowns are few and far between and each one is unique, write Venable partners Amy Ralph Mudge and Randal M. Shaheen in a post to Venable’s advertising law blog, so there is not much useful precedent. In the post, they share insights gleaned from interaction with the FTC earlier today and thoughts on how the agency is likely to view some other situations. In any case, marketers can expect the FTC to provide some guidance soon, perhaps even by the time you read this.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.