In this issue:
- That Didn’t Take Long: FTC to Take on Native Advertising
- Redesigned All About Advertising Law Blog Unveiled
- Cordray Discusses What’s Next for CFPB
- See You in Vegas at ERA D2C
- Upcoming Events
- Excerpt from: That Didn’t Take Long: FTC to Take on Native Advertising:
“Native advertising” is in a neck-and-neck race with “big data” to be 2013’s advertising buzzword of the year. The trade press cannot stop writing about native advertising, and publications are racing to offer the advertising model, in which marketing messages closely resemble the editorial content they accompany. There’s little surprise, then, that this week the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) announced it would host a workshop on December 4 to examine native advertising and whether consumers can clearly differentiate between paid advertisements and editorial content.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.