Affidavit for Collection of Personal Property Guide (CA)


In certain circumstances, personal property may be transferred to the decedent's successors without a formal probate. If the decedent's estate qualifies under Sections 13100-13115 of the California Probate code, the person(s) entitled to the property must present an "Affidavit for Collection of Personal Property" to the person or institution having custody property, requesting that the property be delivered or transferred to the successor. This form is also known as "Small Estate Affidavit."

This document contains instructions, a sample form, and hints on convincing banks and other businesses that this is a legal alternative to letters of administration.

LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.

Reporters on Deadline