Are You Thinking About Filing Bankruptcy? Call Me Before You File Your Taxes! #bankruptcy


Are you expecting a tax refund this year? You need to read this first! Under the bankruptcy code, if you file for bankruptcy before you receive your 2012 income tax refund, the trustee has the right to take the entire refund and use it to pay your creditors. This includes both your state and federal tax refunds. Call me at (480) 833-1113 to see how to protect your refunds.

Attorney Profile: Janet Spears, Bankruptcy and Debt Relief Attorney

Written by:

Published In:


DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.

© Rowley Chapman & Barney, Ltd. | Attorney Advertising

Don't miss a thing! Build a custom news brief:

Read fresh new writing on compliance, cybersecurity, Dodd-Frank, whistleblowers, social media, hiring & firing, patent reform, the NLRB, Obamacare, the SEC…

…or whatever matters the most to you. Follow authors, firms, and topics on JD Supra.

Create your news brief now - it's free and easy »


Reporters on Deadline

All the intelligence you need, in one easy email:

Great! Your first step to building an email digest of JD Supra authors and topics. Log in with LinkedIn so we can start sending your digest...

Sign up for your custom alerts now, using LinkedIn ›

* With LinkedIn, you don't need to create a separate login to manage your free JD Supra account, and we can make suggestions based on your needs and interests. We will not post anything on LinkedIn in your name.