In This Issue:
- The United States Supreme Court’s Competing Guidance Regarding Personal Jurisdiction Over Foreign Manufacturers
- Recent French Appeals Court Decision in Concorde Crash Step Forward Towards Decriminalization of Aviation Accidents
- New Expedited-Action Rule Provides Mandatory Fast Track to Trial
- Judge David Folsom Shares His Insights on Eastern District Juries
- Excerpt from Judge David Folsom Shares His Insights on Eastern District Juries:
The Honorable David Folsom, former Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, recently joined Jackson Walker as a partner and head of the firm’s new Texarkana office. In his 17 years on the bench, Judge Folsom conducted over 250 trials, presided over hundreds of patent cases, and held approximately 75 claim construction hearings.
In that time, Judge Folsom developed a deep understanding of the thoughts, tendencies, and preferences of Eastern District juries through his distinctive practice of post-trial interviews with jurors. In the following Q&A, Judge Folsom shares some of the insights he gained through that process.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.