In This Presentation:
ALRC Report 108 – released May 2008:
1. Key reasons for recommendations
- Improve privacy protection in Australia
- Achieve significantly greater consistency, clarity and simplicity in the Privacy Act
- Give individuals greater power and control over their personal information (e.g. new direct marketing principle)
2. Key reasons for recommendations
- Rationalise the privacy principles to produce common set of principles across public and private sectors.
- More comprehensive credit reporting principles.
- Increased powers for commissioner, including court ordered fines up to $1.1 million.
1. Existing law
2. The reform process
3. Overview of key changes
Please see full presentation below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.