In This Issue:
- Fed Regulator Calls for End of Banks' Self-Grading of Risk
- Regulator Won't Act on Loan Limits for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
- Community Bankers Support Tiered Banking Regulatory System
- Banks Making Progress on Checking Account Transparency
- FFIEC Details Banks' Responsibilities Against Cybersecurity Threats
- Excerpt from Fed Regulator Calls for End of Banks' Self-Grading of Risk:
Under international banking rules, large banks are allowed to use their own tests to assess the riskiness of their assets and activities. In a speech, Daniel K. Tarullo, the Fed governor who oversees regulation, said he believed that regulators should consider stopping the banks from using their own estimates.
Please see full E-Note below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.