In This Issue:
- Regulators Could Step in with Tougher Rules as Bank Profits Rise
- Bill Would Force Study of Basel III Impact on Bank Capital Costs
- Regulator Wants Enforcement Powers Against Bank Consultants
- Fed, FDIC Give Banks 3-Month Extension to Provide "Living Wills"
- State Regulators Ask CFPB For Flexible Definition of Rural Markets
- Official Urges SEC for More Guidance on Cyber Attack Disclosure
- Almost Half of Complaints to CFPB Related to Mortgages
- Subprime Auto Loans Surging, Data Shows
- Obama Seeks to Boost Lending to Smaller Businesses
- Analysts Say Big Banks Could Break Up to Boost Profitability
- Excerpt from Regulators Could Step in with Tougher Rules as Bank Profits Rise:
Banks have been reporting steady growth in earnings since soon after the financial crisis, but as welcome as such profits are to the banks, they may also become a source of discomfort. The ballooning bottom lines could embolden the lawmakers and regulators who want to introduce additional measures to overhaul the banking system.
Please see full E-Note below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.