In This Issue:
- Community Banks Lobby Congress to Extend TAG Program
- CFPB Proposes New Mortgage Protection Rules
- British Regulators Unveil Steps to Overhaul Libor Oversight
- Regulators Tell 5 Big Banks to Prepare for Preventing Collapse
- Background Screening Firm to Pay $2.6M for Violating FCRA
- Higher One Ordered to Pay $11M to Students Over Excessive Fees
- Survey Finds Community Banks Concerned Over Compliance Costs
- Companies Face Challenges in Offering Mobile Payments
- Survey Finds Banks Beginning to Ease Some Lending
- Excerpt from Community Banks Lobby Congress to Extend TAG Program:
Transaction Account Guarantee, an emergency deposit insurance program created during the financial crisis to help stabilize the banking system and protect depositors, is set to expire at the end of this year. Community banks don't want that to happen, and they're lobbying for Congress to extend the program, which it's already done once.
Please see full E-Note below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.