In This Issue:
- CFPB Prepares New Rules Restricting Debt Collectors
- CFPB, DOJ Team to Investigate Auto Dealers Over Financing Bias
- CFPB Investigating Credit Card Rewards Programs
- Consideration of Income-Based Student Loan Repayment Encouraged
- Holiday Season Expected to Bring Rise in Online Banking Fraud
- Excerpt from CFPB Prepares New Rules Restricting Debt Collectors:
The federal government's consumer financial watchdog plans to crack down on the nation's 4,500 debt collectors with new regulations to ensure that collectors are going after the right people for the right amounts and aren't badgering the debtors. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau said that it was seeking public comment on new rules because the 1977 law regulating debt collection practices hasn't kept up with advances in technology.
Please see full E-Note below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.