In this issue:
- Cybersecurity Assessments – Using the Tool Well
- A SOX in the Gut: Supreme Court Vastly Expands Workplace "Whistleblower" Law
- SEC to Scrutinize Never-Examined Investment Advisers
- POM Wonderful's Decertification Decision Will Be Hard to Swallow for the Plaintiffs' Class Action Bar
- CFPB Seeks Input on Proposed Model Forms for Prepaid Cards
- Ukraine Sanctions: Now There Are Three – Executive Orders against Russia
- Preventing and Investigating Fraud, Embezzlement, and Charitable Asset Diversion: What's a Nonprofit Board to Do?
- A New Report, But the Same Approach to Assessing the Federal Suspension and Debarment Program
- Lessons for Marketers from the CFPB Attack on For-Profit Education
- FCPA Snapshot 2013
- Upcoming Events
- Excerpt from Ukraine Sanctions: Now There Are Three – Executive
Orders against Russia:
On March 20, 2014, President Obama signed his third executive order in under three weeks imposing sanctions against Russia concerning the situation involving Ukraine. Venable attorney D. E. Wilson, Jr. notes that each executive order has a different focus, with a result being a set of economic sanctions that are focused almost as much on non-state actors (President Putin's friends) as they are at the Government of the Russian Federation.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: CFPB, Class Action, Coca Cola, Compliance, Contractors, Cyber Attacks, Cybersecurity, Embezzlement, FCPA, Food Labeling, Foreign Investment, Fraud, Lawson v FMR, POM Wonderful, Prepaid Payment Products, Russia, Sanctions, Sarbanes-Oxley, SCOTUS, SEC, Student Loans, Suspensions & Debarments, Ukraine, Whistleblower Protection Policies, Whistleblowers
Published In: Civil Procedure Updates, General Business Updates, International Trade Updates, Privacy Updates, Securities Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Venable LLP | Attorney Advertising