In this issue:
- What You Need to Know About the Proposed Maryland Investment Tax Credit for Cybersecurity
- Trade Secret Legislation May Increase Infringement Claims and Lead to a Private Right of Action
- Faulkner v. ADT and the Landscape for CIPA Class Actions
- FDA Shifts Focus to Prevention with Publication of Proposed Food Safety Rules
- Federal Transportation Agencies Issue Interim NEPA Guidance
- IRS Releases Updated Retirement Plan Correction Procedures
- Lesson from Smith: Withdrawal from a Criminal Antitrust Conspiracy Must Be Affirmative
- Limited Relief for Employers under Health Care Reform's "Play-or-Pay" Rules
- Ten Practical Counseling Tips for Joint Purchasing Without Violating the Antitrust Laws
- The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012
- The Embarq Decision
- White v. Hollister Co. Illustrates Importance of Individual Questions in Class Certification
- Advertising News & Analysis
January 3, 2013 Edition
January 10, 2013 Edition
January 17, 2013 Edition
January 24, 2013 Edition
January 31, 2013 Edition
- IP Buzz - January 2013
- Upcoming Events
An excerpt from "The Embarq Decision"
A federal appellate court in Denver recently upheld summary judgment for an Internet service provider defending class action allegations that it violated the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986 by acquiring information about subscriber websurfing activities as part of a program to tailor online advertisements for its subscribers.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Antitrust Conspiracies, CIPA, Class Action, Class Certification, Cybersecurity, Department of Transportation, ECPA, FDA, Food Safety, Infringement, Investment Tax Credits, IRS, NEPA, Pay or Play, Trade Secrets, Voluntary Correction Program
Antitrust & Trade Regulation Updates, Finance & Banking Updates, Intellectual Property Updates, Science, Computers & Technology Updates, Tax Law Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Venable LLP | Attorney Advertising