In this issue:
- SEC Warns Private Equity Fund Advisers about Compliance Shortcomings
- Why the 50 Percent Rule Deserves 100 Percent Attention
- Exactly How Much Omega-3 Is in There?
- Nonprofits and Celebrity Endorsements: Common Legal Pitfalls and Practical Tips
- Cape Wind District Court Ruling Illustrates Challenges Faced in Coordinating Large-Scale Development across Multiple Agencies, Resources and Statutes
- Lessons from the FTC's Latest Lead Generation Enforcement Action
- The Eleventh Circuit Defines "Instrumentality" of a Foreign Government under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- CFPB Issues Its Spring 2014 Supervisory Highlights Report with a Focus on Nonbank Examination Findings
- Maryland Governor Signs Estate Tax Changes into Law
- Governor O’Malley Signs New Parental Leave Law Expanding Requirements for Maryland Small Businesses
- Upcoming Events
- Excerpt from CFPB Issues Its Spring 2014 Supervisory Highlights Report with a Focus on Nonbank Examination Findings:
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau released its Spring 2014 Supervisory Highlights report, which addresses the agency’s supervisory activities spanning November 2013 to February 2014. Venable attorney Allyson B. Baker writes that the report focuses on the Bureau’s nonbank supervisory efforts and in particular on its examination findings in three industries: consumer reporting agencies; debt collection; and short-term, small dollar lending (or payday lending).
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Celebrity Endorsements, CFPB, Enforcement, Enforcement Actions, Estate Tax, FCPA, FTC, Instrumentality, Non-Profits, Nonbank Firms, Parental Leave, Private Equity, Private Equity Funds, SEC
Published In: General Business Updates, Communications & Media Updates, Consumer Protection Updates, International Trade Updates, Securities Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Venable LLP | Attorney Advertising