In this issue:
- What to Expect When You're Selling Your Company – Indemnification
- Consummated Mergers: It Ain’t Over 'Til the Fat Lady Sings
- FCC Orders TV Stations to Post Their Political Files Online
- FTC Modifies COPPA Rule Proposal
- Hosting A Federal Campaign on Association Property
- Lessons from the Agility Defense Case: Severing Affiliation with a Suspended Contractor
- Patent Insurance – It's Not Just for Defendants Anymore
- The Second Circuit Holds that Failure to Issue a Litigation Hold Notice is Not Per Se Gross Negligence
- The Download - August 2012
- IP Buzz - August 2012
- Advertising News & Analysis
- August 16, 2012 Edition
- August 23, 2012 Edition
- August 30, 2012 Edition
- Upcoming Events
An excerpt from "The Second Circuit Holds that Failure to Issue a Litigation Hold Notice is Not Per Se Gross Negligence"
Rarely does the Second Circuit feel impelled to delve into the law relating to document preservation, the standards used to quantify discovery abuses, and the appropriate sanctions for document destruction. Such detailed jurisprudence is of course better left to the wisdom of the trial courts, subject only to an abuse of discretion review.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.