In This Issue:
- DIGGING DEEPER: A Guide to Health Care Regulatory Due Diligence in Private Equity Deals 1
- Policy Spotlight: Affordable Care Act 6
- Case Spotlight: Best Practices in Down-Round Financings & Subsequent Exits 10
- Dealmaker’s Corner 15
- Deal Spotlight 17
- Tax consequences: Noncompensatory partnership options 18
- A New Day for Patents 24
- Event Spotlight: Health care Seminar 26
- Patton Boggs Deals 27
- Excerpt from DIGGING DEEPER: A GUIDE TO HEALTH CARE REGULATORY DUE DILIGENCE IN PRIVATE EQUITY DEALS:
INTRODUCTION - Investing in the health care industry can be riskier and more complicated than investing in many other industries. Health care providers and suppliers, as well as those companies that interact with them, operate in an intense regulatory environment and are the subject of increased government scrutiny for fraud and abuse and other matters related to compliance. Therefore, any unsuspecting investor that makes a wrong move during the investigative stages of a transaction can find themselves in deep water after closing. An investor that seeks regulatory counsel to guide it through the transaction, however, can be in a better position to make informed business decisions. This article highlights key areas in which an investor can expect regulatory counsel to focus their efforts and some of the issues that an investor can expect to encounter along the way...
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.