In This Issue:
- Conversation with a Community Banking Professional By Timothy R. Moore
- Signs of a Federal Investigation by Sharon L. Potter
- Why is Your Bank or Bank Holding Company Still a Public Company? by Hugh B. Wellons
- Should a Lender Obtain an Owner's Title Insurance Policy After Foreclosure?by Jessica L. Kimble
- N.C. Modernizes Banking Laws by R. Scott Adams
- Excerpt from N.C. Modernizes Banking Laws:
North Carolina's banking laws have been comprehensively updated for the first time in 80 years and provide the state with one of one of the most modern banking systems in the country. Effective October 1, 2012, the bipartisan legislation is a product of compromise and joint effort on the part of legislators, banks and consumer advocates. In addition to streamlining rules and processes for capitalization and liquidation, the new law takes into account systematic changes resulting from Dodd-Frank and the North Carolina Business Corporation Act...
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.