In this issue:
- SEC Staff Publishes New Guidance on Shareholder Proposals
- ISS Proposes Updates to its Proxy Voting Policies for 2013
- SEC Establishes Risk Management and Operations Standards for Registered Clearing Agencies
- IRS Delays Implementation of FATCA Tax Reporting Rules
- CFTC Proposes Rules to Enhance Protections for Customer Funds
- CFTC Issues Interpretive Statement Regarding Foreign Regulators and Swap Data Repositories
- Claims for Corporate Indemnification and Piercing the Corporate Veil Not Mutually Exclusive
- Battle of Experts on Damages Saves Securities Fraud Claims
- FSA Disciplines Firms for Breaching Principle 3
An excerpt from "ISS Proposes Updates to its Proxy Voting Policies for 2013"
On October 16, Institutional Shareholder Services (ISS) published for comment proposed changes to its proxy voting policies for 2013. ISS’ proposed policy updates for 2013 applicable to US issuers relate to board responsiveness to majority-supported shareholder proposals, management “say on pay” proposals, say on “golden parachute” proposals, and the use of environmental and social metrics in determining executive compensation...
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.