In this issue:
- SEC Adopts Municipal Advisor Registration Requirements
- CFTC Grants LCH.Clearnet Time-Limited No-Action Relief to Clear Swaps Executed on DCMs or SEFs
- Ninth Circuit Rejects Securities Fraud Suit for Failure to Demonstrate Loss Causation
- Delaware Court Awards Attorneys’ Fees for Opposition’s Bad Faith Litigation Conduct
- IRS Provides Special Rules for Refund of Employer-Paid Taxes Related to Imputed Income for Same-Sex Spouse Benefits
- Excerpt from: Delaware Court Awards Attorneys’ Fees for Opposition’s Bad Faith Litigation Conduct:
The Delaware Court of Chancery recently held that a prevailing party in a lawsuit may be awarded attorneys’ fees when the opposing party engaged in bad faith litigation tactics, even when the prevailing party does not actually suffer damages in litigation because their counsel was working for free.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Attorney's Fees, Bad Faith, Causation, CFTC, Employee Benefits, Loss Causation, No-Action Relief, Same-Sex Marriage, SEC, Securities Fraud, Swaps
Published In: Civil Procedure Updates, Finance & Banking Updates, Labor & Employment Updates, Securities Updates, Tax Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP | Attorney Advertising