In this issue:
- CFTC Adopts Rules for Segregation of Initial Margin for Uncleared Swaps
- CFTC Extends Time-Limited Relief for Foreign Exchange Swaps
- CFTC Approves Position Limits Proposals
- CFTC Proposes Rules to Require that IBs, CPOs and CTAs Become Members of a Registered Futures Association
- SEC Issues Latest Whistleblower Award for $150K
- Excerpt from: SEC Issues Latest Whistleblower Award for $150K:
On October 30, the Securities and Exchange Commission announced an award of nearly $150,000 to an unnamed whistleblower whose tips helped the agency stop a scheme that was defrauding investors. The tips provided by the whistleblower allowed the SEC to open an investigation and to provide emergency relief before more investors were harmed. The award represents 30 percent of the money collected by the SEC in the action, the maximum permitted by law. The award is a clear sign that the whistleblower provisions of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act continue to gain momentum. This is the sixth whistleblower award since the implementation of the SEC’s whistleblower program two years ago. The largest award, announced on October 1, was for more than $14 million. Sean McKessy, chief of the SEC’s Office of the Whistleblower, observed that “This is continued momentum and success for the SEC’s whistleblower program that is bringing our investigators valuable and timely information to stop ongoing frauds before additional investors can be harmed.”
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.