In This Presentation:
- Data Breaches: By the numbers
- Costs of Data Breach
- Cybersecurity Considerations in Business Transactions
- Cybersecurity in M&A Transactions
- Cybersecurity – Service Agreements
- Cybersecurity in Service Provider Agreements
- SEC’s New Focus on Cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity Issues and the SEC
- The SEC’s Cybersecurity Guidance
- SEC Cybersecurity Priorities
- Cybersecurity Checklist
- Privacy and Data Protection Online
- Excerpt from Data Breaches: By the numbers:
- 42% increase in attacks in 2012*
- 102 successful attacks per week*
- The average cost of a data breach rose 15 percent since 2012 to $3.5 million per breach in 2013**
- The average cost paid for each lost or stolen record that contained sensitive and confidential information also increased by more than 9 percent, from $136 (2013) to $145**
Please see full presentation below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Corporate Sales Transactions, Cybersecurity, Data Breach, Data Protection, Privacy Laws, SEC, Third-Party Service Provider
Published In: General Business Updates, Mergers & Acquisitions Updates, Privacy Updates, Science, Computers & Technology Updates, Securities Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Thompson & Knight LLP | Attorney Advertising