In This Issue:
- Back on its feet: the European private equity picture
- An uneven recovery: country and sector focus
- Infographic: the European private equity picture
- The road to recovery: the UK private equity picture
- Changing US perspectives
- Smooth sailing: the Nordic private equity picture
- Defying the odds
- Excerpt from Introduction: 2014 could be a standout year for European private equity deals:
After enduring a difficult period following the financial crisis, which brought new deal and exit activity to a near standstill, the European buyout industry is showing strong signs of recovery.
Recently the media has been awash with stories about exit activity, which, to date, has been particularly impressive. We have seen an enormous increase in deal flow, which is supported by the finding in our report that IPO exits are up 350 percent in the first quarter of 2014 compared to the same period last year.
This recovery is not only a UK phenomenon. Stabilising economies across Europe, rising stock markets and the easing of concerns around the sovereign debt crisis have all helped to kickstart private equity firms back into life. This has become evident in the deal pipeline coming from across our European offices. In recent months, we have advised clients in Norway, Poland, Germany, Holland, Ireland, Denmark, Serbia, Iceland, Sweden and Switzerland, as well as in the UK. We have also seen the number of US deals in Europe increasing.
Please see full publication below for more information.