Distributors, consultants, representatives: What is the most common word for independent business owners?


Is there a correct term for 1099 independent direct selling distributor? Not really. As a general rule, distributors, consultants, representatives, independent business owners, etc. all describe a salesperson who sells products for a direct selling company. However, it is common for party plan companies to use more artistic names such as stylist, artist, beauty consultant, etc.

In typical network marketing companies, independent business owners are generally titled with more generic descriptions, such as distributors, associates, and independent sales representatives.

Read the full version here: http://mlmattorney.com/blog/2013/10/01/distributors-consultants-representatives-what-is-the-most-common-word-for-independent-business-owners/

LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.

Reporters on Deadline


Welcome to MLM Legal - a valuable resource to the Multi-Level Marketing and Direct Sales Industry. ... View Profile »

Follow Babener & Associates: