The Dominican Republic offers outstanding advantages to foreign and national investors. The significant incentives and facilities offered by the Dominican State complement the many inherent factors that make this Caribbean country an attractive target for investments.
The Dominican Republic is:
• A country with a long and consolidated democratic free enterprise tradition in the region
• The second largest country in the Caribbean region
• Beneficiary of preferential access to the United States and European Union
• The principal commercial partner of the United States in the Caribbean
• Member of the Multilateral Investment Guaranty Agreement
• Signatory to the Dominican Republic - Central American Free Trade Agreement (DR-CAFTA)
• A popular tourist spot in the Caribbean region
• A world-class model in the development of duty-free zones
• Fertile for agricultural harvest
• Rich in mining resources of bauxite, nickel, gold, silver and other materials
• A country with abundant, trainable and economic hand labor
• A country with social and political stability
The Dominican Republic Constitution establishes a democratic government divided into three powers, similar to the United States. Presidential, congressional and municipal elections are also held every four years. The current and recently elected President, Danilo Medina, was elected in May 2012. The Dominican Republic territory is divided in 31 provinces and one national district.
Please see full publication below for more information.