In This Issue:
- NLRB Overturns Three Key Precedents...1
- Second Circuit Adopts Moench Presumption in ERISA “Stock-Drop” Actions...1
- California Court Upholds Class Action Waiver in Employment Arbitration Agreement...2
- DOL Clarifies SOX Whistleblower Rights...2
- NLRB Postpones Notice Requirement...2
- Reminder: Employee Wage Notice Deadlines Approaching in NY and CA...4
Excerpt from NLRB Overturns Three Key Precedents:
The National Labor Relations Board (Board) is the source of several very significant recent rulings for employers and unions. On August 26, 2011, the Board sided with unions in three important 3-1 decisions involving rules for organizing and representing workers — Lamons Gasket Company, 357 NLRB No. 72 (Aug. 26, 2011), UGL-UNICCO Service Company, 357 NLRB No. 76 (Aug. 26, 2011) and Specialty Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center of Mobile, 357 NLRB No. 83 (Aug. 26, 2011) — each of which overturns prior Board precedent.
Please see full memorandum below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.